lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Rowe <sar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 4.3
Date Fri, 19 Apr 2013 19:29:11 GMT

On Apr 19, 2013, at 3:03 PM, Simon Willnauer <simon.willnauer@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 8:56 PM, Steve Rowe <sarowe@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Apr 19, 2013, at 2:43 PM, Simon Willnauer <simon.willnauer@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > I didn't expect that this would go
>> > through without any respin. I'd just have appreciated to not get a
>> > "WTF are you doing why don't you tell us etc." if there was a warning
>> > like 6 days ahead.
>>
>> Again, it was not your warning, and the timeline differed.  These details matter,
Simon!

> apparently they only matter because it's me I guess. but that's fine I can take that.
You seem to be very angry, I am sorry about that. I didn't mean to step on your toes. I wanted
to volunteer to do a release and I didn't meant to do a "we release now" thing here. to me
a relaese starts with a branch, that way we can port pending fixes (like mark did for 4.2.1)
Building an RC doesn't mean we vote on it.

I can't recall the last time an RC did not mean a vote, unless there was a clear statement
to the contrary.

I'm not sure why you think I'm angry?  Because of the phrase "fuck you and your objections"?
 Simon, I'm talking about your behavior, which I find objectionable, and describing to you
how I perceive it.  Anger?  No.  Sadness that I have to argue with you about you to show common
courtesy to other members of the community?  Yes.

When you say "they only matter because it's me", I think you mean: I work for LucidWorks,
you work for ElasticSearch, our companies compete, and I'm willing to use this opportunity
to hassle you in order to further the interests of my company.  If that's what you mean, Simon,
then I call bullshit, and I'm further saddened that *you* are willing to use this as an argument
here.  I truly believe that if another LucidWorks employee had done the same as you, I would
be just as critical.

Steve