lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidworks.com>
Subject Re: Implicit collection name is no longer supported - bug or feature change??
Date Sun, 28 Apr 2013 12:04:05 GMT
On Sun, Apr 28, 2013 at 7:03 AM, Jack Krupansky <jack@basetechnology.com> wrote:
> I just noticed that Solr no longer supports implicit collection name, at
> least for /update and /select. Is this an intentional feature deprecation,
> or just an outright bug? I hope it’s the latter, but with some of the
> drawn-out discussions related to core discovery and solr.xml in recent
> weeks, I’m just not sure.

Yeah, this must have (hopefully) been unintentional  with the switch
to the new-style XML.

I was going to try it out myself, but I seem to be hitting some other
issue even just starting up the example:

3047 [coreLoadExecutor-3-thread-1] ERROR
org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer  – Failed to load file
/opt/code/lusolr_clean6/solr/example/solr/solr/collection1/solrconfig.xml
3049 [coreLoadExecutor-3-thread-1] ERROR
org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer  – Unable to create core:
collection1
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Can't find resource 'solrconfig.xml'
in classpath or 'solr/solr/collection1/conf/',
cwd=/opt/code/lusolr_clean6/solr/example

-Yonik
http://lucidworks.com