lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Willnauer <simon.willna...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 4.3
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2013 16:36:52 GMT
wait, blockers? Sure we wait. Anything else I don't think we should wait
for. after the release is before the release. Mark, you are right it's 6
days but there are more committers than robert and all he said is he will
do it in 2 weeks. I really feel this is a conflict of interests here at
this point and if any other non-committer would have raised that there is
one or two issue that could make it in we would have responded as usual
that we don't wait or do quick fixes or whatever else came up in the last
releases. It's a hell lot of work and if there is a blocker I am willing to
do another one. if not I will call a vote in an hour or so.

There will always be things we want to have in and we should not block a
release because a specific person wants it in a release and that is not new
isn't it?

nothing stops you for doing a 4.3.1 in 2 weeks and we should do more
frequent releases. if you have something serious, go volunteer and call a
vote that's how it turned out in the last couple of releases we did and I
think it's great.

Erick, what is the issue?

simon