lucene-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Simon Willnauer <simon.willna...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 4.3
Date Fri, 19 Apr 2013 21:18:17 GMT
Steven, I think we don't really have a problem here.

my intention here was to build a release. I wanted to branch to make sure
we work towards the release soon since I think the features are awesome. I
wanted to build a relaese candidate so folks that need to integrate into
apps have an easier life like myself when I pull this in via maven on
several projects I have to test here. The confusion started when make
started saying "wait... can we have ...." etc. I didn't like to announce
branching ahead of time like Robert said but I never intended to
release instantaneously. I saw the release candidate rather like something
we can start working on towards a release.

sorry about the confusion, I learned my lesson...

simon


On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 11:06 PM, Steve Rowe <sarowe@gmail.com> wrote:

> (I accidentally sent this only to Simon - resending now to the dev list)
>
> On Apr 19, 2013, at 3:38 PM, Simon Willnauer <simon.willnauer@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 9:29 PM, Steve Rowe <sarowe@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> On Apr 19, 2013, at 3:03 PM, Simon Willnauer <simon.willnauer@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >>> On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 8:56 PM, Steve Rowe <sarowe@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>>
> >>>> On Apr 19, 2013, at 2:43 PM, Simon Willnauer <
> simon.willnauer@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>>>> I didn't expect that this would go
> >>>>> through without any respin. I'd just have appreciated to not get
a
> >>>>> "WTF are you doing why don't you tell us etc." if there was a warning
> >>>>> like 6 days ahead.
> >>>>
> >>>> Again, it was not your warning, and the timeline differed.  These
> details matter, Simon!
> >>>
> >>> apparently they only matter because it's me I guess. but that's fine I
> can take that. […]
> >>
> >> When you say "they only matter because it's me", I think you mean: I
> work for LucidWorks, you work for ElasticSearch, our companies compete, and
> I'm willing to use this opportunity to hassle you in order to further the
> interests of my company.  If that's what you mean, Simon, then I call
> bullshit, and I'm further saddened that *you* are willing to use this as an
> argument here.  I truly believe that if another LucidWorks employee had
> done the same as you, I would be just as critical.
> >
> > dude where are you coming from? No I am not saying that and I don't
> think companies are related here. I actually was surprised that you are
> working for lucid which wasn't aware of but now that you say it I recall
> you having lucid slide at apache con. But even then, I don't care that is
> not about companies. Lets stop this right here that is bogus. I said that
> because it seemed like a witch hunt to me and I don't get all the pushback
> and resistance here. Next time, if I volunteer for a release I will ask you
> guys all with enough handholding etc. in advance to make sure that every
> body is happen and I can't step on anybodies toes but running svn copy and
> start a python script.
>
> I'm sorry I misinterpreted what you wrote, Simon.  Here's where I'm coming
> from: just before you wrote "they only matter because it's me I guess" on
> this thread, you wrote on a private chat to me: "do you get paid for that
> LOL :) […] this is a joke isn't it" and I put two and two together.  I
> didn't know how else to interpret what you wrote.  I'm happy that I was
> wrong.
>
> In that same private chat, Simon, you wrote (I'm paraphrasing here) that
> once I used the word "fuck", I ended the possibility of having a civil
> conversation.  I admit that I used it for shock value, because I wanted to
> convey how I thought you were being disrespectful of others' opinions.
>  I'll stop doing that.  I apologize for offending you, Simon.
>
> But I won't stop speaking up when I see a problem with the way we conduct
> our affairs on this project.
>
> Steve
>
>

Mime
View raw message