lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Rowe <sar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 4.3
Date Fri, 19 Apr 2013 16:07:52 GMT
Hi Simon,

On Apr 17, 2013, at 2:43 PM, Simon Willnauer <simon.willnauer@gmail.com> wrote:
> the warning has been given 6 days ago. I am just answering the rough tone that I was
facing when I say I created a release branch that's all. And honestly this bugs me a lot and
makes me think a bit about this "community" of shouting. Whoever shouts loudest wins the game...
 my $0.05

Speaking of tone, Simon, yours too is less than friendly.

I perceived your we're-releasing-now bomb as rude.  I know I'm not alone in this.  You haven't
changed that perception with your "fuck you and your objections" tone.

By the way, objecting is not shouting.  For communities to function in the long term, they
need to have a way to police behavior.  Peers objecting to each others' actions seems like
a pretty benign mechanism to me, as these things go.

If we aren't going to put process in place to initiate releases, then we really need to respect
other people's objections to instant releases by waiting.  You did this.  Thanks.

Steve