lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Høydahl <jan....@cominvent.com>
Subject Re: New-style solr.xml
Date Fri, 19 Apr 2013 13:07:57 GMT
Could you remove sharedLib and instead allow multiple <lib>my/path</lib> tags similar
to in solrconfig.xml? See SOLR-4495

+1 to prefixing sys.props with "solr." as we've done so far with solr.solr.home, solr.data.dir
etc.

Q: Should solr.xml be versioned as well, to handle future deprecation, back-compat etc?

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

15. apr. 2013 kl. 03:06 skrev Erick Erickson <erickerickson@gmail.com>:

> Mark:
>
> OK, updated the example, I'd appreciate a quick glance to see if I put
> the right properties in the solrcloud tag. Code fixes coming.
>
> On Sun, Apr 14, 2013 at 8:57 PM, Erick Erickson <erickerickson@gmail.com> wrote:
>> bq: What happened to the SolrCloud section?
>>
>> It wasn't in the bits I cut-n-pasted, so I didn't include it at all.
>> Sheeesh! I'll fix, thanks for looking. It's amazing what I can fail to
>> see.
>>
>> bq: sub-properties file
>>
>> Sounds like this is also really SOLR-4546, so maybe that's coming back?
>>
>> Erick
>>
>> On Sun, Apr 14, 2013 at 1:28 PM, Mark Miller <markrmiller@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> What happened to the SolrCloud section? I think that's a very helpful division.

>>> Right, I don't either. These will be autodiscovered from a root location, not
specified or overridable individually.