lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Lucene/Solr 4.3 RC1
Date Fri, 19 Apr 2013 12:25:55 GMT
Hi,

I am still reviewing. I have one note about the changes.txt where we miss a backwards break:

* https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-4877 made the AnalysisFactories require to
have a non-default ctor, otherwise a MethodNotFoundException is thrown on initializing the
SPI. The new constructor needs to have Map<String,String> parameters containing the
factory params (e.g. from schema.xml). This change affects all users that wrote own factories
for their own analysis components, so this should really be mentioned in the Lucene changelog
(maybe also in Solr). Unfortunately the changes entry in CHANGES.txt only contains a simple
note: "LUCENE-4877: Throw exception for invalid arguments in analysis factories.", which does
not even mention the backwards break. For me the existing factories failed to work, although
they compiled (so it’s a deleayed problem).

* The changes.txt also has 2 times the section "API changes" making the javascript behave
wrong (it always opens the first section when you click on any of those). We should maybe
add a check for this to the Changes-generator-Perl script (so it complains when processing
changes.txt and it finds duplicate headers).

These "documentation bugs" are not serious and may be put into the wiki after release (on
the errata page of the release), but should be fixed if we respin.
Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen