lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject multiValued fields and highlighting
Date Fri, 29 Mar 2013 17:29:37 GMT
What do people think about a new highlighting option that limits the
number of values examined for highlighting?

I'm thinking of something analogous to hl.maxAnalyzedChars, but where
the unit is a multiValued entry (I guess I'm thinking of it as each
unit to which positionIncrementGap is applied)?

This seems fairly safe in that the current behavior would be the
default, but one could specify hl.mvCount=43 and have the highlighting
analysis stop after 43 values?

If this seems reasonable (at least not objectionable) I'll open a JIRA.

Thanks,
Erick