lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Ernst <r...@iernst.net>
Subject Re: Solr Log4j?
Date Fri, 15 Mar 2013 21:05:03 GMT
On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 9:48 AM, Ryan McKinley <ryantxu@gmail.com> wrote:

> Really it seems like this should be an option in the build
>>

> Note that it already is, and has been for a while.
>
> There is an option to build a .war with no logging bindings included:
> ant dist-war-excl-slf4j

To me this isn't really an option.  The war no longer works (as far as I
understand) by itself, since slf4j is now simply missing.  It means you
must have slf4j and the binding in the jetty classpath.

An ant property would allow someone to customize this with minimal effort,
and not have to figure out which version of slf4j binding should be brought
in.