lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <>
Subject Re: We have confluence wikis!
Date Tue, 26 Mar 2013 21:30:39 GMT

On Mar 26, 2013, at 4:59 PM, Adrien Grand <> wrote:

> Hi Mark,
> On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 3:31 AM, Mark Miller <> wrote:
>> I'm going to start like some fresh doc stuff. And with versioning. Though I don't
yet know what I'm doing. So help appreciated. This is stuff that Hossman is a genius at.
> Is the goal of these wikis to replaces the current ones or are they
> intended for different content?
> --
> Adrien

IMO, the goal is to replace the current wikis. That's a fair bit of work though, it is a big
goal. Lucid has helped Solr a lot with their ref guide as a seed. Lucene won't have that same

IMO though, MoinMoin is pretty weak and ugly compared to confluence. I'd love to see everything
of value move over myself.

I don't have any illusions any of this will be fast and easy though.

- Mark
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message