lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: We have confluence wikis!
Date Tue, 26 Mar 2013 21:30:39 GMT

On Mar 26, 2013, at 4:59 PM, Adrien Grand <jpountz@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
> On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 3:31 AM, Mark Miller <markrmiller@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm going to start like some fresh doc stuff. And with versioning. Though I don't
yet know what I'm doing. So help appreciated. This is stuff that Hossman is a genius at.

> Is the goal of these wikis to replaces the current ones or are they
> intended for different content?
>
> --
> Adrien

IMO, the goal is to replace the current wikis. That's a fair bit of work though, it is a big
goal. Lucid has helped Solr a lot with their ref guide as a seed. Lucene won't have that same
boost.

IMO though, MoinMoin is pretty weak and ugly compared to confluence. I'd love to see everything
of value move over myself.

I don't have any illusions any of this will be fast and easy though.

- Mark