lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: Can't seem to run individual tests
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2013 18:12:35 GMT
I don’t know exactly, one thing could be the case:

Some settings like the dataDir are static variables in the TestHarmess/SolrTestCaseJ4. If
you run tests before that correctly change the data dir, maybe this setting survives – if
you run in isolation, dataDir is not set. It’s just a guess, maybe it helps!

Uwe

-----

Uwe Schindler

H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen

eMail: uwe@thetaphi.de

From: Erick Erickson [mailto:erickerickson@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 2013 5:08 PM
To: dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Can't seem to run individual tests

Uwe:

Right, and the whole cloning thing is done in lots of places, I've done it myself. But that
doesn't explain why this fails:

ant -Dtestcase=TestSolrProperties test

and this succeeds:

ant test

even though the "ant test" runs TestSolrProperties. My _guess_ is that somehow specifying
-Dtestcase=..... is somehow changing where tempDir is.

Erick