lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [JENKINS] Lucene-Solr-NightlyTests-trunk - Build # 179 - Failure
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2013 12:28:36 GMT
I think this guy cannot assert this in close(), because upon exception
we will try to close file handles no matter what state we are in (even
if its the middle of a document)

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 4:25 AM, Apache Jenkins Server
<jenkins@builds.apache.org> wrote:
> [...]
>         at com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.rules.StatementAdapter.evaluate(StatementAdapter.java:36)
>         at com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.ThreadLeakControl$StatementRunner.run(ThreadLeakControl.java:358)
>         at com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.ThreadLeakControl.forkTimeoutingTask(ThreadLeakControl.java:782)
>         at com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.ThreadLeakControl$3.evaluate(ThreadLeakControl.java:442)
>         at com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.RandomizedRunner.runSingleTest(RandomizedRunner.java:746)
>         at com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.RandomizedRunner$3.evaluate(RandomizedRunner.java:648)
>         at com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.RandomizedRunner$4.evaluate(RandomizedRunner.java:682)
>         at com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.RandomizedRunner$5.evaluate(RandomizedRunner.java:693)
>         at org.apache.lucene.util.AbstractBeforeAfterRule$1.evaluate(AbstractBeforeAfterRule.java:46)
>         at org.apache.lucene.util.TestRuleStoreClassName$1.evaluate(TestRuleStoreClassName.java:42)
>         at com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.rules.SystemPropertiesInvariantRule$1.evaluate(SystemPropertiesInvariantRule.java:55)
>         at com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.rules.NoShadowingOrOverridesOnMethodsRule$1.evaluate(NoShadowingOrOverridesOnMethodsRule.java:39)
>         at com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.rules.NoShadowingOrOverridesOnMethodsRule$1.evaluate(NoShadowingOrOverridesOnMethodsRule.java:39)
>         at com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.rules.StatementAdapter.evaluate(StatementAdapter.java:36)
>         at org.apache.lucene.util.TestRuleAssertionsRequired$1.evaluate(TestRuleAssertionsRequired.java:43)
>         at org.apache.lucene.util.TestRuleMarkFailure$1.evaluate(TestRuleMarkFailure.java:48)
>         at org.apache.lucene.util.TestRuleIgnoreAfterMaxFailures$1.evaluate(TestRuleIgnoreAfterMaxFailures.java:70)
>         at org.apache.lucene.util.TestRuleIgnoreTestSuites$1.evaluate(TestRuleIgnoreTestSuites.java:55)
>         at com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.rules.StatementAdapter.evaluate(StatementAdapter.java:36)
>         at com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.ThreadLeakControl$StatementRunner.run(ThreadLeakControl.java:358)
>

> REGRESSION:  org.apache.lucene.search.TestNRTManager.testNRTManager
>
> Error Message:
> Test abandoned because suite timeout was reached.
>
> Stack Trace:
> java.lang.Exception: Test abandoned because suite timeout was reached.
>         at __randomizedtesting.SeedInfo.seed([F13587D463FCCA96]:0)
>

> FAILED:  junit.framework.TestSuite.org.apache.lucene.search.TestNRTManager
>
> Error Message:
> Suite timeout exceeded (>= 7200000 msec).
>
> Stack Trace:
> java.lang.Exception: Suite timeout exceeded (>= 7200000 msec).
>         at __randomizedtesting.SeedInfo.seed([F13587D463FCCA96]:0)
>

> Build Log:
> [...truncated 951 lines...]
> [junit4:junit4] Suite: org.apache.lucene.index.TestIndexWriterOnDiskFull
> [junit4:junit4]   2> NOTE: download the large Jenkins line-docs file by running 'ant
get-jenkins-line-docs' in the lucene directory.
> [junit4:junit4]   2> NOTE: reproduce with: ant test  -Dtestcase=TestIndexWriterOnDiskFull
-Dtests.method=testAddIndexOnDiskFull -Dtests.seed=F13587D463FCCA96 -Dtests.multiplier=2 -Dtests.nightly=true
-Dtests.slow=true -Dtests.linedocsfile=/home/hudson/lucene-data/enwiki.random.lines.txt -Dtests.locale=sk
-Dtests.timezone=Asia/Ashkhabad -Dtests.file.encoding=ISO8859-1
> [...]
> [junit4:junit4]    >    at org.apache.lucene.util.TestRuleMarkFailure$1.evaluate(TestRuleMarkFailure.java:48)
> [junit4:junit4]    >    at com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.rules.StatementAdapter.evaluate(StatementAdapter.java:36)
> [junit4:junit4]    >    at com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.ThreadLeakControl$StatementRunner.run(ThreadLeakControl.java:358)
> [junit4:junit4]    >    at com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.ThreadLeakControl.forkTimeoutingTask(ThreadLeakControl.java:782)
> [junit4:junit4]    >    at com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.ThreadLeakControl$3.evaluate(ThreadLeakControl.java:442)
> [junit4:junit4]    >    at com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.RandomizedRunner.runSingleTest(RandomizedRunner.java:746)
> [junit4:junit4]    >    at com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.RandomizedRunner$3.evaluate(RandomizedRunner.java:648)
> [junit4:junit4]    >    at com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.RandomizedRunner$4.evaluate(RandomizedRunner.java:682)
> [junit4:junit4]    >    at com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.RandomizedRunner$5.evaluate(RandomizedRunner.java:693)
> [junit4:junit4]    >    at org.apache.lucene.util.AbstractBeforeAfterRule$1.evaluate(AbstractBeforeAfterRule.java:46)
> [junit4:junit4]    >    at org.apache.lucene.util.TestRuleStoreClassName$1.evaluate(TestRuleStoreClassName.java:42)
> [junit4:junit4]    >    at com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.rules.SystemPropertiesInvariantRule$1.evaluate(SystemPropertiesInvariantRule.java:55)
> [junit4:junit4]    >    at com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.rules.NoShadowingOrOverridesOnMethodsRule$1.evaluate(NoShadowingOrOverridesOnMethodsRule.java:39)
> [junit4:junit4]    >    at com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.rules.NoShadowingOrOverridesOnMethodsRule$1.evaluate(NoShadowingOrOverridesOnMethodsRule.java:39)
> [junit4:junit4]    >    at com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.rules.StatementAdapter.evaluate(StatementAdapter.java:36)
> [junit4:junit4]    >    at org.apache.lucene.util.TestRuleAssertionsRequired$1.evaluate(TestRuleAssertionsRequired.java:43)
> [junit4:junit4]    >    at org.apache.lucene.util.TestRuleMarkFailure$1.evaluate(TestRuleMarkFailure.java:48)
> [junit4:junit4]    >    at org.apache.lucene.util.TestRuleIgnoreAfterMaxFailures$1.evaluate(TestRuleIgnoreAfterMaxFailures.java:70)
> [junit4:junit4]    >    at org.apache.lucene.util.TestRuleIgnoreTestSuites$1.evaluate(TestRuleIgnoreTestSuites.java:55)
> [junit4:junit4]    >    at com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.rules.StatementAdapter.evaluate(StatementAdapter.java:36)
> [junit4:junit4]    >    at com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.ThreadLeakControl$StatementRunner.run(ThreadLeakControl.java:358)
> [junit4:junit4]    >    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)
> [junit4:junit4]   2> NOTE: test params are: codec=Asserting, sim=RandomSimilarityProvider(queryNorm=true,coord=crazy):
{id=DFR I(ne)BZ(0.3), field=DFR I(n)B3(800.0), f=DFR I(F)B2, content=IB LL-D2}, locale=sk,
timezone=Asia/Ashkhabad
> [junit4:junit4]   2> NOTE: FreeBSD 9.0-RELEASE amd64/Sun Microsystems Inc. 1.6.0_32
(64-bit)/cpus=16,threads=1,free=159732176,total=271515648
> [junit4:junit4]   2> NOTE: All tests run in this JVM: [TestSegmentMerger, TestTermVectorsReader,
TestDocumentsWriterStallControl, TestLucene42DocValuesFormat, TestSmallFloat, TestTermScorer,
TestWildcardRandom, TestCachingTokenFilter, TestRamUsageEstimatorOnWildAnimals, TestWeakIdentityMap,
TestFieldCacheRewriteMethod, TestSort, TestBooleanScorer, TestFilterIterator, TestRollback,
TestTopScoreDocCollector, TestByteArrayDataInput, TestNRTThreads, TestBlockPostingsFormat,
Test2BPositions, TestUTF32ToUTF8, TestSloppyPhraseQuery, TestForceMergeForever, TestFieldCacheTermsFilter,
Test2BPostingsBytes, TestReaderClosed, TestRegexpRandom, TestBlockPostingsFormat3, TestVersion,
TestAttributeSource, TestScorerPerf, TestSpecialOperations, TestMergeSchedulerExternal, TestIndexWriterExceptions,
Nested1, TestFastCompressionMode, TestPayloadNearQuery, TestByteSlices, TestIndexWriterWithThreads,
TestSimpleAttributeImpl, TestMockDirectoryWrapper, TestFieldInfos, TestCompressingTermVectorsFormat,
TestSearchForDuplicates, TestThreadedForceMerge, TestParallelAtomicReader, TestFixedBitSet,
TestBinaryDocument, TestSetOnce, TestPositiveScoresOnlyCollector, TestIndexWriterNRTIsCurrent,
Nested, Nested, TestPrefixRandom, TestElevationComparator, TestIndexWriterOnJRECrash, TestMockAnalyzer,
TestTieredMergePolicy, TestBackwardsCompatibility, TestVirtualMethod, TestCachingCollector,
TestDirectoryReaderReopen, Nested1, TestTopDocsCollector, NestedSetupChain, NestedTeardownChain,
TestAllFilesHaveCodecHeader, TestDateFilter, TestSimpleExplanations, TestStressIndexing2,
TestDocsAndPositions, TestArrayUtil, TestMultiMMap, TestSearcherManager, TestAtomicUpdate,
TestCrashCausesCorruptIndex, TestDocumentWriter, TestCharTermAttributeImpl, TestFlex, TestPostingsOffsets,
TestPayloadExplanations, TestDocBoost, TestFieldValueFilter, TestLock, TestForTooMuchCloning,
InBeforeClass, InAfterClass, InTestMethod, NonStringProperties, TestIndexWriterUnicode, TestIndexWriterDelete,
TestBufferedIndexInput, TestNRTCachingDirectory, TestIndexWriterForceMerge, TestCollectionUtil,
TestPagedBytes, TestLongPostings, TestIndexWriterCommit, TestStressIndexing, TestRegexpRandom2,
TestConcurrentMergeScheduler, TestSloppyPhraseQuery2, TestStressNRT, Test2BDocs, TestPhraseQuery,
TestConsistentFieldNumbers, TestLockFactory, TestDoubleBarrelLRUCache, TestStressAdvance,
TestNumericUtils, TestMultiValuedNumericRangeQuery, TestOmitNorms, TestFieldsReader, TestRollingUpdates,
TestTransactions, TestSegmentReader, TestBytesRefHash, TestWindowsMMap, TestSpanExplanations,
TestFieldCacheRangeFilter, TestPayloadSpans, TestCodecs, TestMixedCodecs, TestIndexWriterOnDiskFull]
> [junit4:junit4] Completed on J0 in 38.87s, 4 tests, 1 failure <<< FAILURES!
>
> [...truncated 464 lines...]
> [junit4:junit4] Suite: org.apache.lucene.search.TestNRTManager
> [junit4:junit4]   2> NOTE: download the large Jenkins line-docs file by running 'ant
get-jenkins-line-docs' in the lucene directory.
> [junit4:junit4]   2> NOTE: reproduce with: ant test  -Dtestcase=TestNRTManager -Dtests.method=testNRTManager
-Dtests.seed=F13587D463FCCA96 -Dtests.multiplier=2 -Dtests.nightly=true -Dtests.slow=true
-Dtests.linedocsfile=/home/hudson/lucene-data/enwiki.random.lines.txt -Dtests.locale=fi_FI
-Dtests.timezone=Indian/Mayotte -Dtests.file.encoding=ISO8859-1
> [junit4:junit4] ERROR   7200s J1 | TestNRTManager.testNRTManager <<<
> [junit4:junit4]    > Throwable #1: java.lang.Exception: Test abandoned because suite
timeout was reached.
> [junit4:junit4]    >    at __randomizedtesting.SeedInfo.seed([F13587D463FCCA96]:0)
> [junit4:junit4]   1> Thread-1761: hit exc
> [junit4:junit4]   2> org.apache.lucene.util.ThreadInterruptedException: java.lang.InterruptedException
> [junit4:junit4]   2>    at org.apache.lucene.search.NRTManager.waitForGeneration(NRTManager.java:321)
> [junit4:junit4]   2>    at org.apache.lucene.search.NRTManager.waitForGeneration(NRTManager.java:278)
> [junit4:junit4]   2>    at org.apache.lucene.search.TestNRTManager.addDocuments(TestNRTManager.java:110)
> [junit4:junit4]   2>    at org.apache.lucene.index.ThreadedIndexingAndSearchingTestCase$1.run(ThreadedIndexingAndSearchingTestCase.java:216)
> [junit4:junit4]   2> Caused by: java.lang.InterruptedException
> [junit4:junit4]   2>    at java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer$ConditionObject.reportInterruptAfterWait(AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.java:2017)
> [junit4:junit4]   2>    at java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer$ConditionObject.await(AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.java:2052)
> [junit4:junit4]   2>    at org.apache.lucene.search.NRTManager.waitOnGenCondition(NRTManager.java:329)
> [junit4:junit4]   2>    at org.apache.lucene.search.NRTManager.waitForGeneration(NRTManager.java:312)
> [junit4:junit4]   2>    ... 3 more
> [junit4:junit4]   2> NOTE: test params are: codec=Lucene42: {extra29=PostingsFormat(name=Asserting),
extra28=PostingsFormat(name=TestBloomFilteredLucene41Postings), body=PostingsFormat(name=MockSep),
extra27=PostingsFormat(name=MockRandom), extra26=PostingsFormat(name=MockSep), extra25=PostingsFormat(name=Asserting),
test=PostingsFormat(name=MockSep), extra24=PostingsFormat(name=TestBloomFilteredLucene41Postings),
extra23=PostingsFormat(name=MockRandom), extra22=PostingsFormat(name=MockSep), packID=PostingsFormat(name=MockSep),
date=PostingsFormat(name=MockSep), docid=PostingsFormat(name=Asserting), title=PostingsFormat(name=TestBloomFilteredLucene41Postings),
extra20=PostingsFormat(name=TestBloomFilteredLucene41Postings), extra21=PostingsFormat(name=Asserting),
extra8=PostingsFormat(name=MockSep), extra38=PostingsFormat(name=MockRandom), extra12=PostingsFormat(name=MockRandom),
extra11=PostingsFormat(name=MockSep), extra9=PostingsFormat(name=MockRandom), extra37=PostingsFormat(name=MockSep),
extra14=PostingsFormat(name=Asserting), extra39=PostingsFormat(name=TestBloomFilteredLucene41Postings),
extra13=PostingsFormat(name=TestBloomFilteredLucene41Postings), extra34=PostingsFormat(name=MockRandom),
extra16=PostingsFormat(name=MockRandom), extra15=PostingsFormat(name=MockSep), extra33=PostingsFormat(name=MockSep),
extra18=PostingsFormat(name=Asserting), extra36=PostingsFormat(name=Asserting), extra35=PostingsFormat(name=TestBloomFilteredLucene41Postings),
extra17=PostingsFormat(name=TestBloomFilteredLucene41Postings), extra0=PostingsFormat(name=MockSep),
extra1=PostingsFormat(name=MockRandom), extra19=PostingsFormat(name=MockSep), extra2=PostingsFormat(name=TestBloomFilteredLucene41Postings),
extra3=PostingsFormat(name=Asserting), extra4=PostingsFormat(name=MockSep), extra5=PostingsFormat(name=MockRandom),
extra6=PostingsFormat(name=TestBloomFilteredLucene41Postings), extra7=PostingsFormat(name=Asserting),
titleTokenized=PostingsFormat(name=MockRandom), extra30=PostingsFormat(name=MockRandom), extra31=PostingsFormat(name=TestBloomFilteredLucene41Postings),
extra32=PostingsFormat(name=Asserting), extra10=PostingsFormat(name=Asserting)}, docValues:{titleDV=DocValuesFormat(name=Disk)},
sim=DefaultSimilarity, locale=fi_FI, timezone=Indian/Mayotte
> [junit4:junit4]   2> NOTE: FreeBSD 9.0-RELEASE amd64/Sun Microsystems Inc. 1.6.0_32
(64-bit)/cpus=16,threads=5,free=223636480,total=437059584
> [junit4:junit4]   2> NOTE: All tests run in this JVM: [TestSnapshotDeletionPolicy,
TestTermdocPerf, TestDocCount, TestBitVector, TestRecyclingIntBlockAllocator, TestSameScoresWithThreads,
TestSubScorerFreqs, TestWorstCaseTestBehavior, Nested, TestDeterminism, TestBooleanQuery,
TestQueryWrapperFilter, TestUniqueTermCount, TestRAMDirectory, TestSegmentTermDocs, TestSimilarity,
TestFieldMaskingSpanQuery, TestParallelCompositeReader, TestFastDecompressionMode, TestPerFieldDocValuesFormat,
TestBlockPostingsFormat2, TestLevenshteinAutomata, TestPrefixInBooleanQuery, TestDuelingCodecs,
TestCachingWrapperFilter, TestForUtil, TestSameTokenSamePosition, TestLiveFieldValues, TestHighCompressionMode,
TestSentinelIntSet, TestHugeRamFile, TestMatchAllDocsQuery, TestDeterminizeLexicon, TestDemo,
TestIndexWriterMergePolicy, TestBytesStore, TestCompressingStoredFieldsFormat, TestTermVectors,
Test2BTerms, TestNRTReaderWithThreads, TestNumericTokenStream, TestSpanMultiTermQueryWrapper,
TestDocTermOrds, TestToken, TestSearch, TestTermsEnum, TestPerSegmentDeletes, TestByteBlockPool,
TestLucene40PostingsFormat, TestRamUsageEstimator, TestFieldCache, TestIsCurrent, Nested1,
Nested2, Nested3, TestFilteredQuery, TestBooleanMinShouldMatch, TestMaxTermFrequency, TestLookaheadTokenFilter,
TestTermsEnum2, TestDocument, TestCompiledAutomaton, MultiCollectorTest, TestCustomNorms,
TestMinimize, TestSearchWithThreads, Nested, Nested, Nested, Nested, Nested, Nested, Nested,
Nested, Nested, Nested, Nested, Nested, Nested, Nested, Nested, Nested, Nested, Nested, Nested,
Nested, Nested, TestPerFieldPostingsFormat, TestAutomatonQueryUnicode, TestNumericRangeQuery64,
TestTermVectorsFormat, TestDirectoryReader, TestFileSwitchDirectory, TestSpanSearchEquivalence,
TestMultiTermQueryRewrites, TestDateTools, TestCompoundFile, TestDoc, TestMockCharFilter,
TestDocValuesIndexing, TestRandomStoredFields, TestTermRangeFilter, TestBoolean2, TestComplexExplanations,
TestSpanFirstQuery, TestDocumentsWriterDeleteQueue, TestPackedInts, TestFSTs, TestGraphTokenizers,
TestNorms, TestIndexWriterReader, TestShardSearching, TestNumericRangeQuery32, TestBasics,
TestDeletionPolicy, TestAddIndexes, TestIndexWriter, TestIndexWriterMerging, TestLucene40PostingsReader,
TestOpenBitSet, TestTimeLimitingCollector, TestNeverDelete, TestFlushByRamOrCountsPolicy,
TestTopDocsMerge, TestSearchAfter, TestPersistentSnapshotDeletionPolicy, TestNRTManager]
> [junit4:junit4]   2> NOTE: download the large Jenkins line-docs file by running 'ant
get-jenkins-line-docs' in the lucene directory.
> [junit4:junit4]   2> NOTE: reproduce with: ant test  -Dtestcase=TestNRTManager -Dtests.seed=F13587D463FCCA96
-Dtests.multiplier=2 -Dtests.nightly=true -Dtests.slow=true -Dtests.linedocsfile=/home/hudson/lucene-data/enwiki.random.lines.txt
-Dtests.locale=fi_FI -Dtests.timezone=Indian/Mayotte -Dtests.file.encoding=ISO8859-1
> [junit4:junit4] ERROR   0.00s J1 | TestNRTManager (suite) <<<
> [junit4:junit4]    > Throwable #1: java.lang.Exception: Suite timeout exceeded (>=
7200000 msec).
> [junit4:junit4]    >    at __randomizedtesting.SeedInfo.seed([F13587D463FCCA96]:0)
> [junit4:junit4] Completed on J1 in 7223.36s, 2 tests, 2 errors <<< FAILURES!
>
> [...truncated 12 lines...]
> BUILD FAILED
> /usr/home/hudson/hudson-slave/workspace/Lucene-Solr-NightlyTests-trunk/build.xml:388:
The following error occurred while executing this line:
> /usr/home/hudson/hudson-slave/workspace/Lucene-Solr-NightlyTests-trunk/build.xml:361:
The following error occurred while executing this line:
> /usr/home/hudson/hudson-slave/workspace/Lucene-Solr-NightlyTests-trunk/build.xml:39:
The following error occurred while executing this line:
> /usr/home/hudson/hudson-slave/workspace/Lucene-Solr-NightlyTests-trunk/lucene/build.xml:50:
The following error occurred while executing this line:
> /usr/home/hudson/hudson-slave/workspace/Lucene-Solr-NightlyTests-trunk/lucene/common-build.xml:1202:
The following error occurred while executing this line:
> /usr/home/hudson/hudson-slave/workspace/Lucene-Solr-NightlyTests-trunk/lucene/common-build.xml:865:
There were test failures: 338 suites, 2022 tests, 1 suite-level error, 1 error, 1 failure,
15 ignored (3 assumptions)