lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [JENKINS-MAVEN] Lucene-Solr-Maven-trunk #770: POMs out of sync
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2013 19:02:24 GMT
Thanks Steve!

I am happy to see the checker working

from httpcore: <http://markmail.org/thread/ippp4gbxwwnt6aws>.

>> I can see that the previous three releases of httpclient (4.2.2, 4.2.1 and 4.2) depend
on the exact same httpcore version, rather than lagging. [1][2][3]

>> Going back, though, I can see more deviations from version sync: httpclient 4.1.3
depends on httpcore 4.1.4 (!), and httpclient 4.1.1 depends on httpcore 4.1. [4][5]

>> So, again, I think the Lucene/Solr Ant build needs to change here to mirror the httpcomponents
project's separate httpclient and httpcore versioning.

>> I'll open a JIRA issue.
>>
>> Steve
>>
>> [1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/httpclient/tags/4.2.2/pom.xml
>> [2] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/httpclient/tags/4.2.1/pom.xml
>> [3] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/httpclient/tags/4.2/pom.xml
>> [4] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/httpclient/tags/4.1.3/pom.xml
>> [5] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/httpclient/tags/4.1.1/pom.xml
>>
>> On Feb 15, 2013, at 9:26 AM, Steve Rowe <sarowe@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm looking into it.
>>>
>>> Httpclient uses Maven as its build system, so when the httpclient POM declares
a dependency, it's authoritative (since that's how it's built).

>>> The 4.2.3 release of httpclient depends on the 4.2.2 release of httpcore.  Looks
to me like in this case the Solr Ant build should change to use the 4.2.2 release of httpcore,
rather than the Maven build changing.

>>> I see that the current trunk version of httpclient (4.3-alpha2-SNAPSHOT) depends
on the previous version of httpcore (4.3-alpha1): http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/httpclient/trunk/pom.xml
- look for the <httpcore.version> under properties.  So this version lag looks like
it may be process driven, rather than a mistake.