lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [JENKINS-MAVEN] Lucene-Solr-Maven-trunk #770: POMs out of sync
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2013 15:43:20 GMT
from httpcore: <http://markmail.org/thread/ippp4gbxwwnt6aws>.

> I can see that the previous three releases of httpclient (4.2.2, 4.2.1 and 4.2) depend
on the exact same httpcore version, rather than lagging. [1][2][3]

> Going back, though, I can see more deviations from version sync: httpclient 4.1.3 depends
on httpcore 4.1.4 (!), and httpclient 4.1.1 depends on httpcore 4.1. [4][5]

> So, again, I think the Lucene/Solr Ant build needs to change here to mirror the httpcomponents
project's separate httpclient and httpcore versioning.

+1: whatever is their "release", we should match it (and not use a frankenstein)