lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Shai Erera <ser...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: documentation-lint and IBM J9
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2013 10:31:41 GMT

On Feb 8, 2013 11:29 AM, "Uwe Schindler" <uwe@thetaphi.de> wrote:

http://www.thetaphi.de****

eMail: uwe@thetaphi.de****

** **

*From:* Shai Erera [mailto:serera@gmail.com]
*Sent:* Friday, February 08, 2013 6:09 AM

*To:* dev@lucene.apache.org
*Subject:* Re: documentation-lint and IBM J9****

** **

Uwe, I think that having another ant task e.g. precommit-lenient/forgiving
that Jenkins would use is a good idea too.

As long as for developers, precommit fails if it didn't run all tests.****

Shai****

** **

On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 1:14 AM, Michael McCandless <
lucene@mikemccandless.com> wrote:****

On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 5:20 PM, Uwe Schindler <uwe@thetaphi.de> wrote:
> Can we make it fail only for "precommit" but pass on "Jenkins". I don't
want extra -D overrides for Jenkins, the task "Jenkins" should trigger this
automatically. Its horrible to configure otherwise, especially when you
have lots of jobs.

> Just one question to Mike and Robert: May I re-enable IBM J9 1.6 and 1.7
on Policeman Jenkins? If yes, which minimum version (SR number for 1.6 and
SR number for 1.7) pass the build?****

A top-level "ant test" passed once for me on Linux with the latest 6.0
J9 (SR12), but with the latest 7.0 SR3 this Solr failure repros:

    ant test  -Dtestcase=TestJmxIntegration
-Dtests.method=testJmxUpdate -Dtests.seed=DC0CB18E606BDE6D
-Dtests.slow=true -Dtests.locale=ja_JP
-Dtests.timezone=Australia/Darwin -Dtests.file.encoding=UTF-8

[junit4:junit4]    > Throwable #1: java.lang.AssertionError: No mbean
found for SolrIndexSearcher
[junit4:junit4]    >    at
__randomizedtesting.SeedInfo.seed([DC0CB18E606BDE6D:CA6B83E4F0BD75C6]:0)
[junit4:junit4]    >    at org.junit.Assert.fail(Assert.java:93)
[junit4:junit4]    >    at org.junit.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:43)
[junit4:junit4]    >    at org.junit.Assert.assertFalse(Assert.java:68)
[junit4:junit4]    >    at
org.apache.solr.core.TestJmxIntegration.testJmxUpdate(TestJmxIntegration.java:99)
[junit4:junit4]    >    at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
[junit4:junit4]    >    at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:88)
[junit4:junit4]    >    at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:55)
[junit4:junit4]    >    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:613)

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com****