lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Høydahl <jan....@cominvent.com>
Subject Re: JIRA cleanup inactive issues?
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2013 00:24:34 GMT
> but arbitrarily deciding an issue should be closed just becuase it's old
> doesn't really make sense to me to me.

That was never the suggestion either. More to get rid of all the noise which is no longer
relevant, neither to the issue creator or anyone else, then it's easier to browse through
open issues knowing that someone actually care about those issues being fixed.

It's great that Erick and others will contribute, but we save a lot of work distributing it
to "stakeholders" first, then those interested can manually go through the remaining based
on the tag.

The real number of irrelevant Open issues is probably larger, since some issues are "Updated"
last year, but those updates are also Bulk fix-version change or similar, not real activity.
But that's for another day...

The bulk update process is fairly simple. I'll volunteer. I propose to simply add a "Comment"
to those 739 issues (Unfortunately there seems to be no way to bulk ADD a "Label", it would
delete all existing ones, so that's why it's in the comment text):

This issue has been inactive for more than a year. Please close if it's no longer relevant/needed,
or bring it up to date if you intend to work on it. INACTIVITY_REMINDER_20130215

Uwe, if it's simple to disconnect the mailinglist temporarily then that would be great.

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com