lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Rowe <sar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [JENKINS-MAVEN] Lucene-Solr-Maven-4.x #244: POMs out of sync
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2013 20:39:06 GMT
I don't think running the Maven build should be part of ant precommit.  It's already slow as
it is.

I'm fine with letting Jenkins catch this kind of thing.  That's what it's there for :)

Steve

On Feb 12, 2013, at 3:31 PM, Shai Erera <serera@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ahmm.. or I'll let Jenkins catch those :).
>
> I thought it can be part of 'ant precommit' or something, if it's more complex, we can
let Jenkins catch those. They're not very frequent.

> Shai
>

> On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 10:06 PM, Steve Rowe <sarowe@gmail.com> wrote:
> 'ant run-maven-build' will interpolate the Maven POM templates and place them in maven-build/,
then run the equivalent of 'mvn install', which compiles/jars/tests/installs-to-local-repo
all Lucene and Solr modules.  This is how Jenkins runs the Maven tests.

> If you're willing to run Maven directly, it would be faster to install just the Lucene
modules, then run tests only in the facet module, e.g.:

>         ant get-maven-poms            # Interpolate POM templates and populate maven-build/
>         cd maven-build
>         mvn --non-recursive install   # Install the grandparent POM in the local repository
>         cd lucene
>         mvn -DskipTests install       # Compile/jar/install all Lucene modules
>         cd facet
>         mvn test
>
> It would be faster still to individually install only those modules on which the facet
module depends (I think this is: the grandparent POM, the lucene parent POM, lucene-core and
the lucene test-framework), but the typing time to do that might be greater than the execution
time of the simpler recipe above.  On the other hand, a script would make the typing time
irrelevant.  Let me know if you're interested and I'll type it up.

> Steve
>
> On Feb 12, 2013, at 2:39 PM, Shai Erera <serera@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Thanks! Is there anything we could have done while testing locally to test it? e.g.
ant-check-maven or something?

> > Shai
> >

> > On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 9:28 PM, Steve Rowe <sarowe@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Looks like the facet POM doesn't include the (new) src/resources/ directory, so
the SPI file located there doesn't make into the jar, and the tests fail.

> > I'll work on a fix, should be trivial.
> >
> > Steve
> >
> > On Feb 12, 2013, at 2:19 PM, Shai Erera <serera@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Hmm, doesn't fail for me. Is it related to MAVEN maybe? Do Codecs (SPI) need
to be handled somehow special with MAVEN?