lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Sebastiano Vigna <vi...@di.unimi.it>
Subject Interleaving and new Lucene formats
Date Sat, 16 Feb 2013 10:40:21 GMT
I'd like to redo the benchmarks published on MG4J's home page with Lucene 4.1. However, for
this I'd need to know whether when using PForDelta coding the counts (a.k.a. within-document
frequencies) are stored interleaved with the document pointers as in 3.6.2 (and, if not so,
the cheapest way to force a count read for each returned document, even modifiying the code
if it's more efficient than otherwise).

It would also be important for me to force PForDelta everywhere, if possible, as the point
is benchmarking different index representations, and mixing with variable-byte makes the benchmark
difficult to interpret.

Thank you!

Ciao,

					seba