lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Høydahl <jan....@cominvent.com>
Subject JIRA cleanup inactive issues?
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2013 11:13:12 GMT
Hi,

JIRA currently has 739 Open, Unresolved issues, with no activity for >1year, which makes
it difficult to get an overview over REAL issues.
The oldest of these, SOLR-36, have not been touched since July 2006 and is probably not valid
anymore.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20in%20(SOLR%2C%20LUCENE)%20AND%20status%20%3D%20Open%20AND%20updated%20%3C%3D%20-365d%20ORDER%20BY%20updated%20ASC

How about bulk updating all issues that have been inactive for >1year, encouraging creator
to either close it or bring it up to date? If the comment includes a unique tag, we can later
select those same issues which have still not seen activity within the next month or so, and
bulk-close them. They will still be possible to revive if someone wants to.

The idea is that people who have been involved with the issue in the past would get a notification
email. Problem is that will generate 739 "spam" mails on this mailing list, but it's perhaps
worth it? We could turn off notifications, but then we'd not get the "ping" effect to those
not following the list closely.

What do you think?

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect