lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Tommaso Teofili <tommaso.teof...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Enable javadoc check on Solr too
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2013 07:24:00 GMT
I see Yonik and Jack's points which look reasonable, but, at least for my
experience, even if Solr is meant to be a "server" it often happens that
developers (not necessarily plugins' developers) have to go deep into the
code in order to understand how actually things work under the hood / fix
bugs / etc. and I think that would really help.
Also that should help our users feel more comfortable while browsing the
Solr code which I think is important.
Wrapping up I think introducing such check couldn't harm but just improve
the overall quality of the project so I think it'd be worth the effort.

My 2 cents,
Tommaso