lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: commit message format for tag bot
Date Sun, 09 Dec 2012 15:37:53 GMT
Okay, I've made the following changes:

1. Doesn't look for the : after an issue id anymore, so LUCENE-101 is fine as well as LUCENE-101:

2. If there are multiple issue id's, each one is tagged.

3. Msg no longer cuts off what came before the first issue id.

- Mark

On Dec 9, 2012, at 10:13 AM, Uwe Schindler <uwe@thetaphi.de> wrote:

> Thank you. It is nice that we have that bot, if we can improve it, it will get better!

> Uwe
>

> Mark Miller <markrmiller@gmail.com> schrieb:
> I'll look at making some mods with this feedback.
>
> - Mark
>
> On Dec 9, 2012, at 5:35 AM, Uwe Schindler <uwe@thetaphi.de> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> One other thing is: The bot does not take the full commit message, e.g. if it spawns
multiple lines, it misses the later ones. Also it does not add the merge messages my client
generally adds, e.g.:

> Merged revision(s) 1417694 from lucene/dev/trunk:
> LUCENE-4589: Upgraded benchmark module's Nekohtml dependency to version 1.9.17, removing
the workaround in Lucene's HTML parser for the Turkish locale

> The first line is missing. This may not be important but I don’t like my commit message
be stripped down and possibly important parts left out. I generally try to format the
> commit messages, sometimes with new paragraphs and so on.
>

> Also it seems to have problems with Multi-Issue commits.
>
> In my opinion, the bot should copy the *whole* commit message to all issue-ids listed
anywhere in the message (regex /(LUCENE|SOLR)\-\d+/) and *not* try to parse the message.

> Uwe
>
> -----
> Uwe Schindler
> H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
> http://www.thetaphi.de

commits manually (needed to know them for merging to 4x).