lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: The distinction between a Wrapper and a Filter
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2012 13:35:18 GMT
On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 5:16 AM, Shai Erera <serera@gmail.com> wrote:
> But also, in Lucene we already have Filter
> which is recognized as filtering documents, and hence was my confusion -
> that another Filter* class would filter out some data too.

I like using the java.io FilterXXX, but I don't like that Filter has
another meaning in lucene.

But rather than rename all these classes, maybe we do something like
merge Filter and Query for lucene 5 instead.
I am not sure on that idea myself, just mentioning it. It has scoring
traps like boolean query's coord() that I don't like.