lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Facet examples javadoc missing in 4.0?
Date Sat, 24 Nov 2012 18:53:27 GMT
On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 10:45 AM, Shai Erera <serera@gmail.com> wrote:

> It's not that there were failures, but that you moved some tests under
> demo/ that should belong under facet/. That's the dependency I'm talking
> about. I tried to resolve it, but it wasn't trivial -- either these tests
> will depend on demo/, or we rewrite them to use their own data, which will
> take some time.

Right, its wrong for these tests to be moved, and thats why i said "there
is more work to do here".
These tests should be rewritten to be "unit tests", with a clean separation
of the tests that test the example.

Currently its all messy and disorganized. I just didn't have the time to
clean this up (it was around release time, I was annoyed at the situation,
and took a half-hearted stab at fixing it just in case it was something I
could fix in an hour).

> It's not really a hack, it worked like that ever since 3.4, only recently
> removed. If you want, let's mark 3998 as a blocker for 4.1, but for now,
> this is what I'd like to fix:

I don't really want to add hacks here, because who knows what else is
broken/will break with packaging. For example, what will the maven
-javadocs.jar look like? Is it correct? I have no idea.

Thats why I say I think we should just do the work to fix this correctly.
I don't like adding a special case situation with these examples that will
only cause pain in the future.

There is a lot of work to be done with these examples until we release
javadocs for them. I don't see any package.htmls, some classes have no
description, etc.