lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Shai Erera <ser...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Facet examples javadoc missing in 4.0?
Date Sat, 24 Nov 2012 17:18:17 GMT
bq. I don't think we should do this.

Why? What's the harm? It's a fairly simple fix to the build.xml and it's
not like all other modules have example code under demo, such that the
facet one stands out.

bq. Can we merge these examples into the demo/ module?

We tried that in LUCENE-3998 without success. The problem are facet tests
which depend on data that exists in the example package. I don't want to
disable tests just for the sake of separation, nor move to the examples
package tests that should reside in the module itself.

I don't think that it's easy to make this separation currently, but we can
discuss it more on the issue. I created a patch then with my attempts,
which were no successful, I'll try to find it.

In the meantime, I want to fix the build.xml. If we'll ever move examples
under demo, we'll notice it right away (the build won't find the
src/examples dir under facet) and we can remove the inlining of
invoke-module-javadoc.

Or, we just open up the possibility for that macro to take additional
packages, but I don't know how to do that. I tried to define <sources> in
facet/build.xml, but it didn't like it ...

Shai