lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Shai Erera <ser...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Facet examples javadoc missing in 4.0?
Date Sat, 24 Nov 2012 18:35:43 GMT
You're probably right. The thing is, some facet tests rely on the data that
exists in the facet examples. The reason is that the examples already
contain some large number of documents and facets, so it was easy to test
certain features (I think TotalFacetCounts) with large set of documents,
without duplicating the information.

Is it necessary, probably not, but that's the current state of affairs. I
tend to agree that facet examples should be under demo/. It's just that I'm
not willing to lose facet (core) tests, or otherwise, the facet tests would
need to depend on demo  ... is it bad?

Really, currently the facet examples build are half broken. The
facet/build.xml takes care to generate the facet-examples.jar, compile them
and test them. The only piece that was removed, from what I can tell by
accident, are the javadocs ...

You know that I always prefer to get to a consensus before opening an
issue, but I want to get this fixed. It was my mistake that I didn't notice
that when inspecting the 4.0 artifacts .. a mistake which probably
demonstrates why it would be better if it were under demo/. But it doesn't
mean that until we resolve LUCENE-3998 (if we resolve it), the examples
javadocs should be missing from the build.

Shai