lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan McKinley <ryan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Optimize facets when actually single valued?
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2012 17:37:08 GMT
If the only motivation for adding 'multiValued=flexible' is the response
format, what about just changing the response format version number and
writing the wrapping list based on that?

Allowing multiple values, but behaving like single value fields when only
one value exists would be a *huge* simplification for my app!

ryan