lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidworks.com>
Subject Re: Patch for SOLR-3926: A better way to get current sort information from solrj.SolrQuery
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2012 15:57:56 GMT
On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 11:56 AM, Eirik Lygre <eirik.lygre@gmail.com> wrote:
> One way out would be to have a parallel set of methods that work on symbolic
> form: These new functions would not be able to parse a sort string, but they
> would handle more complex sort specifications. As a user of SolrQuery, you
> would use one, but not both, of these apis.

That seems reasonable to me.  Something like this perhaps?

  Map<String, SORT_ORDER> getSort()
  setSort(Map<String, SORT_ORDER>)
  String getSortString()
  void setSortString(String sortString)  // throw exception if the
internal Map isn't null?

and add/removeSortField would only work on the internal Map (and throw
an exception if setSortString had been used?)

-Yonik
http://lucidworks.com