lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Willnauer <simon.willna...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache Git mirror
Date Sun, 11 Nov 2012 19:19:15 GMT
Hey mark,

my workflow is as follows:

1. cloned lucene/solr on github
2. added apache mirror as upstream remote
3. pull into trunk only from upstream
4. branch for each feature and push to github

I never modify trunk or pull from github and my updates are usually
pretty fast ~ 1-5 sec.

yet, I don't use git svn so for commits I usually go through svn with
a git diff trunk

On Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 5:20 PM, Mark Miller <markrmiller@gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyone else use the Apache git mirror much (not the GitHub one, but hosted by Apache)?
Since I've been trying to use it over the past couple days, it's been super slow - cloning
or updating does a whole lot of "counting objects" and just generally takes a real long time.
It did not used to be this way for me, and I'm not seeing this on any other git projects I
work with. Anyone else notice this?

> One odd thing that showed up in the mirror a while back is a merge commit - that's never
come in from the svn bridge before. No clue if it's related, but it was odd to see.