lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Rowe <sar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ant precommit; annoyed with "checkout is dirty"
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2012 18:41:08 GMT
I've always put patches up one level from checked out dirs: svn diff > ../PROJECT-NNNN.patch;
patch -p0 < ../PROJECT-NNNN.patch.

For stuff that should be ignored by everybody (or that wouldn't cause trouble for others),
we could add them to the svn:ignore list for the directory they're in?

Alternatively, I'd support a set of individually-settable wildcard exceptions to the dirty-is-bad
rule, maybe via a sysprop?

Steve

On Nov 26, 2012, at 1:30 PM, "Smiley, David W." <dsmiley@mitre.org> wrote:

> How about doing the dirty checks on sub-directories only?  This way I can keep the random
.patch files & miscellany around in the root.

> The IDE files are a special circumstance for my setup because I use symbolic links to
the IDE files in dev-tools so that I can easily see how my IDE setup is different than the
one in source control, and more easily commit desirable changes.  I might stop doing this
if this were the only thing in my way from "ant precommit".