lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [JENKINS-MAVEN] Lucene-Solr-Maven-4.x #157: POMs out of sync
Date Sun, 18 Nov 2012 23:32:03 GMT

On Nov 17, 2012, at 4:16 PM, Dawid Weiss <dawid.weiss@cs.put.poznan.pl> wrote:

>  Not that I wasn't persistent enough, I
> just can't spend a week on it. :(

I spent a long time getting something decent up. The VM is now a treasured artifact that I
have backed up. Even installing java was annoying on FreeBSD. Getting a UI at a decent resolution
in virtualbox? I think I spent at least an entire weekend working on it and didn't even get
to using the resolution of my monitor until the following week. Lot's of googling and trying
things and getting bit and going back and googling and now I try and port, and now I try the
package. Bah. I think that weekend was also already after some previous time on failed attempts.
Twisty and turvy enough that I didn't even end up recording all my steps.

FreeBSD is cmd line only as far as I'm concerned if I ever lose my treasured Gnome2/GuestAdditions/Eclipse/Java
image file.

- Mark