lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Radim Kolar <...@filez.com>
Subject Re: Active 4.x branches?
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2012 01:08:06 GMT

Yeah, it's a lot to keep up with. But if you look at other projects on
Ohloh and the number of contributors they have, it looks like we have
about what you would expect given the somewhat smaller area we play
in.

compare it with me: 1 coder, 8 months
http://forum.lupa.cz/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1674.0;attach=3439
I alone can match output of your 40 developers.

My today work: 1135 changed lines in 4.5 hours. (not including about 1
hour for fixing/testing solr patch)

You guys must do lot of things wrong way. Throw your old rules out of
window and start learning new ways you never imagine before.

Key to success is simple: DO NOT EXPLAIN WHY THINGS COULD NOT BE DONE.

I am really serious about it. It is THAT SIMPLE.

R.