lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: option to skip zookeeper tests in solr/
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2012 16:23:11 GMT
On 11/20/2012 7:03 AM, Adrien Grand wrote:
> Tests that are known to be slow can be disabled by passing
> "-Dtests.slow=false" to "ant test". Given that the zookeeper/cloud
> tests are annotated with @Slow, ant test would ignore them.

This isn't completely useless, but I a little grepping does show that
some of the @Slow tests are things that I actually do want to test.

grep -rl "@Slow" . | less

If it's not horrible to implement, I think it would be very advantageous
to be able to just disable one particular section of tests.  For me
right now, that means not running solr.cloud tests when sitting in solr/
and doing "ant test -Dspecialdisableoption" ... but in a general sense,
there should be several special options for disabling similar major
pieces.  For instance, some people would have no need to test the
dataimport handler.

I'll go ahead and file the jira, knowing that it might never actually
happen.  If I find some time to look into how ant/junit works, I may
attempt to create a patch.  One question - should I file it in LUCENE as
opposed to SOLR?

Thanks,
Shawn