lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Koji Sekiguchi <k...@r.email.ne.jp>
Subject Re: Commit tags in JIRA
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2012 00:52:36 GMT
+1

(12/11/11 5:01), Mark Miller wrote:
> It's a real bummer we lost the ability to trace commits to JIRA. Even when we had it,
it kind of sucked though. At least for me, it was slow enough and inconvenient enough that
I rarely even thought of using it, unless I really needed to dig.

> I've worked on another project where we tagged this info as a comment in the issue automatically.
It's essentially the equiv of when you say "committed to 5x rev this and 4x rev this" on your
own, but doing it in an automated way takes away all the work, increases the consistency and
information, and is quick and easy to temporally place in the flow of the conversation (vs
having to switch views with the svn-jira plugin that was removed).

> I'm working on a little tool that I'm just going to chron locally and tag only my commits
- freeing me from making the comment itself (which I often don't do since it's kind of a pain
- I usually just mention I've committed and what branch without much other info - to look
things up, I usually search the commit mailing list for JIRA issue tags).

> Since it's really the same as making these comments ourselves, I don't consider the email
it will trigger an additional load, however it will be easier to filter these types of messages
out if you desire as I will post it using the Commit Tag Bot JIRA account.

> Once I have it flowing smoothly for my own commits, if others want to take advantage,
I'll be happy to expand the feature.

http://soleami.com/blog/lucene-4-is-super-convenient-for-developing-nlp-tools.html