lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Toke Eskildsen ...@statsbiblioteket.dk>
Subject Re: Optimize facets when actually single valued?
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2012 13:39:39 GMT
On Wed, 2012-11-14 at 14:46 +0100, Robert Muir wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 11:41 PM, Toke Eskildsen <te@statsbiblioteket.dk> wrote:
> > Dynamically changing response formats sounds horrible.
>
> I don't understand how this is related with my proposal to
> automatically use a different data structure behind the scenes.

I replied to Yonik Seeley, who pointed out that the output format
historically had displayed this behavior. It is related because
automatic switching between single/multi-value in the inner workings
might also result in a mirrored switching of output formats. I know that
you have made no such claims - it is just general discussion of
different aspects of the single/multi-value issue.