lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: favicon of "policeman jenkins server"
Date Sat, 03 Nov 2012 19:53:37 GMT
I was a power/internet seeker myself for the week. With so many of us, it meant limited if
any power, and extremely slow at best internet (RESOLVE IVY RESOLVE!). It's been a meager
technological existence. And I've mostly had to concentrate what little time I had to Work.
But an exciting week otherwise. If you guys from Manhatten would stop coming to get our gas,
I might even be able to get some :)

Actually, I fled to northern New York yesterday - to power, gas, and heat. It was starting
to get pretty cold! Thank goodness for AirBnB.

I'm headed to ApacheCon in Germany on Sunday (my power is predicated to return Tuesday at
11 pm, so when I get home I might even have some) so that is going to disrupt me even more.

These test failures need to be dealt with, and I'm likely to guy to be dealing with them,
but on my life priority list, they are practically high but relatively low. My number one
priority at the moment is finishing my ApacheCon slides.

Dealing with these tests without my desktop, freebsd virtual vm, and std working env (my wrists
are a mess), is not likely.

I may get to trying to revert a jetty change that is likely causing the thread lingering on
the Apache jenkins (in exchange for another issue randomly failing), but that's probably the
extent of what I can get to until my life is somewhat back to normal.

I inserted a bunch of debug code to help figure things out back when I had some power - but
I have not had a chance to use it to try and start addressing things.

Non of this stuff was lightly committed by the way - it's stuff that's been running and passing
in at least 3 different envs for some time. So this is not easy stuff to debug even when my
life is not slightly askew.

(I actually can reproduce the thread lingering issue on FreeBSD locally - it likely involves
blackhole - but I don't have access to my FreeBSD env or much free time).

- Mark

On Nov 3, 2012, at 3:23 PM, "Jack Krupansky" <jack@basetechnology.com> wrote:

> "I will add @Ignore to the whole Solr test suite soon!"
>
> +1
>
> (But I can afford to joke because I have had power all week since I live in midtown Manhattan
above the "red line" at 40th street, although we have been deluged by "The Phone People" -
these poor wretches who trek up here from downtown to crouch around every available public
power receptacle to charge their phones and computers - a cross between Matrix and Revolution.)

> -- Jack Krupansky
>
> -----Original Message----- From: Mark Miller
> Sent: Saturday, November 03, 2012 3:10 PM
> To: dev@lucene.apache.org
> Subject: Re: favicon of "policeman jenkins server"
>
> Some of the solr guys have had no power for a week (I'm guessing yonik and I at least)
and will be going to Germany for this week.