lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1397332 - in /lucene/cms/trunk/content: core/corenews.mdtext mainnews.mdtext solr/solrnews.mdtext
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2012 23:07:59 GMT

: for this one my idea was to just blow away ALPHA and BETA completely
: there and just have our full 4.0 release notes (which are cumulative
: but also have the nice section for people that were testing BETA).

I don't know how i feel about deleting items from the news page ... seems
kind of wrong.

It hand't really occured to me until you mentioned up, but having beta &
alpha news right below the "final" news item makes me think just including
the improvements since beta really makes a lot of sense in the concext of
this page -- as opposed to the announcement email where there is no
context and we list all the major improvements since 3.6.

That said: don't let me hold you back if you think one unified news
announcement with all the highlights makes more sense.  I don't feel
strongly about it.

-Hoss