lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: VOTE: release 4.0 (take two)
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2012 17:06:25 GMT
Lets fix this stuff. I don't like this sizeInBytes double-counting!

On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 1:05 PM, Uwe Schindler <uwe@thetaphi.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> -1 to release those artifacts!
>
> First the good thing: I ran smoketester on an Ubuntu 12.04.1 Server with 2 older Opteron
CPUs (NUMA), passed perfectly (1.6.0_33 and 1.7.0_07). I also inspected the artifacts and
had a look at JavaDocs. I found some typos in READMEs, but all not very problematic. I had
no real Lucene 4.0 Application ready to test with (I am still in process to upgrade PANGAEA),
but so far so good.

> But I found a serious bug when comparing the output of checkindex on the same index in
4.0 and 3.6.1 (used a 7 GiB PANGAEA index): https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-4455;
The deletions are reported negative (segment with no deletions is reported to have them) and
the size of the segments is doubled, causing MergePolicy to behave wrong (depending on settings).