lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1397332 - in /lucene/cms/trunk/content: core/corenews.mdtext mainnews.mdtext solr/solrnews.mdtext
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2012 23:37:12 GMT
On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 7:35 PM, Chris Hostetter
<hossman_lucene@fucit.org> wrote:

> : I did this before because of how this mirror-redirector works. the
> : news items for old releases are actually broken in a confusing way.
>
> I think you and i have had this disagreement before.

We have, because it works both ways:
* it confuses people that sometimes the redirector sends you to an
OLDER release than what you asked for.
* it confuses people when it goes to a NEWER release than what you
aske dfor either.

I opened LUCENE-4478 for this, the caching issues are crazy enough for
committers alone just trying to make sure the website is correct.