lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1397332 - in /lucene/cms/trunk/content: core/corenews.mdtext mainnews.mdtext solr/solrnews.mdtext
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2012 23:31:01 GMT
On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 7:27 PM, Robert Muir <rcmuir@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 7:07 PM, Chris Hostetter
> <hossman_lucene@fucit.org> wrote:
>>
>> : for this one my idea was to just blow away ALPHA and BETA completely
>> : there and just have our full 4.0 release notes (which are cumulative
>> : but also have the nice section for people that were testing BETA).
>>
>> I don't know how i feel about deleting items from the news page ... seems
>> kind of wrong.
>>

> I did this before because of how this mirror-redirector works. the
> news items for old releases are actually broken in a confusing way.

In addition to this the mirror-redirector still has caching issues
because of how it works.

Chances are high that some people will be confused and click 4.0 and
be led to 4.0-BETA or something older.

I know this because i have to totally clear my browser cache and close
and reopen the browser and crazy stuff to even test things.