lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Source Control
Date Sun, 28 Oct 2012 09:57:57 GMT
On Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 2:59 AM, Michael Wechner
<michael.wechner@wyona.com> wrote:

> I also had/have quite some trouble to get used to the git commandline,
> although or maybe because I used SVN commandline for many years, but I am
> very glad now to be using git on other projects, because in particular the
> process in being able to do feature based branches with git helps so much,
> that I think it's definitely worth the price.

There's no one on this planet that can convince me git is technically better.
I've used git on projects before. Its not that i have trouble getting
used to it, its command line is genuinely horrible.

And svn is absurdly fast for me:
rmuir@beast:~/workspace$ time svn co
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/dev/trunk
real	0m23.454s
user	0m5.712s
sys	0m3.232s

The speed of my internet connection makes git obselete.

But if other people really like it, i won't stand in the way.