lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1397332 - in /lucene/cms/trunk/content: core/corenews.mdtext mainnews.mdtext solr/solrnews.mdtext
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2012 23:27:37 GMT
On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 7:07 PM, Chris Hostetter
<> wrote:
> : for this one my idea was to just blow away ALPHA and BETA completely
> : there and just have our full 4.0 release notes (which are cumulative
> : but also have the nice section for people that were testing BETA).
> I don't know how i feel about deleting items from the news page ... seems
> kind of wrong.

I did this before because of how this mirror-redirector works. the
news items for old releases are actually broken in a confusing way.

forget about staging, check out production right now:

The Lucene PMC is pleased to announce the availability of Apache
Lucene 4.0-ALPHA and Apache Solr 4.0-ALPHA

Lucene can be downloaded from <-- yeah
thats going to give you BETA!

> That said: don't let me hold you back if you think one unified news
> announcement with all the highlights makes more sense.  I don't feel
> strongly about it.

no way i'm gonna do it now that the work is done. and i looked at the
site, it reads easily: its not worth it.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message