lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene/Solr 4.01 / 4.1
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2012 15:07:03 GMT
I've got some stuff I'm interested in having bake some more,
I'm playing fast and loose with core loading (SOLR-1293 and associated).
Particularly what's up with the interaction, if any, between this and
SolrCloud (I expect that this is just not supported in SolrCloud, but...)

It's going to get a bit awkward to manage soon (yeah, I know that's my
problem). So far I haven't checked any of this in.

So, should I
1> just accumulate them all into one really big patch? I really don't
    want to do this, some if this is iffy enough that I think it'd be clearer
    to track down if there were incremental patches applied. I know, write
    it right the first time.....
2> maintain my separate patches and commit after 4.1 is labeled?
3> ???

Note that the changes I'm working on should NOT change current
behavior, but there's always the chance of spillover. This applies to
either the 4.0.1 or 4.1 I guess.

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 10:08 PM, Robert Muir <rcmuir@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 9:47 PM, Mark Miller <markrmiller@gmail.com> wrote:
>> In my case, all the important bug fixes were only just recently fixed or I'm still
fixing them - so for my stuff, I see a larger negative with 4.1 vs 4.0.1. They won't bake
long in either version - but they should go out soon regardless.