lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Dawid Weiss <dawid.we...@cs.put.poznan.pl>
Subject Re: [JENKINS] Lucene-trunk-Linux-Java7-64-test-only - Build # 10035 - Failure!
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2012 18:59:28 GMT
Just a though -- we have a benchmark regression test that attempts to
estimate the 'minimum required memory before it hits an OOM' for a
known task (a fixed data set for clustering). Essentially we do a
binary search between not hitting an OOM and hitting an OOM. What this
brings us is that we know if memory requirements changed over time (or
if the JVM/ GC have changed over time...).

This is a computationally expensive test (re-spinning the JVM, GC goes
insane on near-OOM conditions) but it's pretty useful.

Again, this is just a thought, perhaps it'll be useful to investigate the issue.

D.