lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: branches/lucene_solr_4_0 and 4.0.1?
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2012 12:32:27 GMT
I've also only been porting to 4.1 so far (I'm assuming we'll release
4.1 soonish) but if we do a 4.0.1 I can re-visit ...

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 8:28 AM, Mark Miller <markrmiller@gmail.com> wrote:
> Initially, I started adding a 4.01 fix version to issues I thought should go in if we
did 4.01 - but then I could not resolve those issues without back porting - which I didn't
want to do in case we jumped to 4.1 or something - call me lazy :) So I started labeling until
it became clear we would do a 4.01 - at which point I would change those labels to fix versions.

> I'm pretty sure we want a 4.01 at this point  though.
>
> Mark
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Oct 17, 2012, at 7:13 PM, Chris Hostetter <hossman_lucene@fucit.org> wrote:
>

>> I notice that the CHANGES.txt files on the lucene_solr_4_0 doesn't yet have a section
for 4.0.1 bug fixes even though it looks like there have been some bug fix commits on that
branch since 4.0.0 was released.

>> On the other hand it looks like some folks (maybe just miller?) have been using the
Jira label "4.0.1_Candidate" on issues that get committed to the branch_4x, but aren't being
commited to lucene_solr_4_0 -- presumably as a reminder that we should backport if we do a
4.0.1 release

>> All of which leaves me a bit confused: is there any concensus on how we should be
dealing with (potential) 4.0.1 bug fixes?