lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Sanne Grinovero <sanne.grinov...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Source Control
Date Sun, 28 Oct 2012 23:34:25 GMT
If Lucene was moved to use GIT, I would love that.

Not going into details now, but having used GIT for two years on other
open source projects I'm pretty sure that it makes collaboration
significantly easier. We use GitHub, but the star is GIT: GitHub makes
it easier for non-power users and is great to have but after you get
used to the command line git it's outrageously useful and I don't
actually use the github webinterface any more (but it's nice that
occasional contributors can).

Being very flexible indeed often the problem might be to find an
agreement on some consistent work flow, but that's never been a
blocker in our case as each user is free to use what he prefers on his
personal repository.

Highly recommended!

Sanne