lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Jack Krupansky" <j...@basetechnology.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1397332 - in /lucene/cms/trunk/content: core/corenews.mdtext mainnews.mdtext solr/solrnews.mdtext
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2012 23:16:27 GMT
As long as the unified change list is easy to get to (for people who are
primarily concerned with how 4.0 is different from 3.x), the abbreviated
news is probably fine.

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Hostetter
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2012 7:07 PM
To: dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: svn commit: r1397332 - in /lucene/cms/trunk/content:
core/corenews.mdtext mainnews.mdtext solr/solrnews.mdtext

: for this one my idea was to just blow away ALPHA and BETA completely
: there and just have our full 4.0 release notes (which are cumulative
: but also have the nice section for people that were testing BETA).

I don't know how i feel about deleting items from the news page ... seems
kind of wrong.

It hand't really occured to me until you mentioned up, but having beta &
alpha news right below the "final" news item makes me think just including
the improvements since beta really makes a lot of sense in the concext of
this page -- as opposed to the announcement email where there is no
context and we list all the major improvements since 3.6.

That said: don't let me hold you back if you think one unified news
announcement with all the highlights makes more sense.  I don't feel
strongly about it.

-Hoss