lucene-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Lance Norskog (JIRA)" <>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (SOLR-2216) Highlighter query exceeds maxBooleanClause limit due to range query
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2012 22:11:12 GMT


Lance Norskog commented on SOLR-2216:

Is this still a problem in 3.6, 4.0 or the trunk?
> Highlighter query exceeds maxBooleanClause limit due to range query
> -------------------------------------------------------------------
>                 Key: SOLR-2216
>                 URL:
>             Project: Solr
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: highlighter
>    Affects Versions: 1.4.1
>         Environment: Linux 2.6.18-194.3.1.el5 #1 SMP Thu May 13
13:08:30 EDT 2010 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
> java version "1.6.0_21"
> Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_21-b06)
> Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 17.0-b16, mixed mode)
> JAVA_OPTS="-client
-XX:+UseCompressedOops -XX:MaxPermSize=512M -Xms10240M -Xmx15360M -XX:+UseParallelGC -XX:+AggressiveOpts
> top - 11:38:49 up 124 days, 22:37,  1 user,  load average: 5.20, 4.35, 3.90
> Tasks: 220 total,   1 running, 219 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie
> Cpu(s): 47.5%us,  2.9%sy,  0.0%ni, 49.5%id,  0.1%wa,  0.0%hi,  0.0%si,  0.0%st
> Mem:  24679008k total, 18179980k used,  6499028k free,   125424k buffers
> Swap: 26738680k total,    29276k used, 26709404k free,  8187444k cached
>            Reporter: Ken Stanley
> For a full detail of the issue, please see the mailing list:
> The nutshell version of the issue is that when I have a query that contains ranges on
a specific (non-highlighted) field, the highlighter component is attempting to create a query
that exceeds the value of maxBooleanClauses set from solrconfig.xml. This is despite my explicit
setting of hl.field, hl.requireFieldMatch, and various other hightlight options in the query.

> As suggested by Koji in the follow-up response, I removed the range queries from my main
query, and SOLR and highlighting were happy to fulfill my request. It was suggested that if
removing the range queries worked that this might potentially be a bug, hence my filing this
JIRA ticket. For what it is worth, if I move my range queries into an fq, I do not get the
exception about exceeding maxBooleanClauses, and I get the effect that I was looking for.

This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly, please contact your JIRA administrators
For more information on JIRA, see:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message