lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Wechner <michael.wech...@wyona.com>
Subject Re: Source Control
Date Sun, 28 Oct 2012 06:59:11 GMT
Am 27.10.12 01:10, schrieb Robert Muir:
> On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 7:02 PM, Mark Miller<markrmiller@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> So, it's not everyone's favorite tool, but it sure seems to be the most popular tool.
>>
> My main question is, is it really git thats popular, or github?
>
> if git would really bring in more contributions, we should do it. But
> would it do that without github, or just make things more complex?
>
> It has such a crappy commandline that is the "price" for using it, and
> if that buys us nothing, it would be a waste of effort :)

I also had/have quite some trouble to get used to the git commandline,
although or maybe because I used SVN commandline for many years, but I
am very glad now to be using git on other projects, because in
particular the process in being able to do feature based branches with
git helps so much, that I think it's definitely worth the price.

Hope that helps

Michael