lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: VOTE: release 4.0 (take two)
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2012 17:05:45 GMT
Hi,

-1 to release those artifacts!

First the good thing: I ran smoketester on an Ubuntu 12.04.1 Server with 2 older Opteron CPUs
(NUMA), passed perfectly (1.6.0_33 and 1.7.0_07). I also inspected the artifacts and had a
look at JavaDocs. I found some typos in READMEs, but all not very problematic. I had no real
Lucene 4.0 Application ready to test with (I am still in process to upgrade PANGAEA), but
so far so good.

But I found a serious bug when comparing the output of checkindex on the same index in 4.0
and 3.6.1 (used a 7 GiB PANGAEA index): https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-4455;
The deletions are reported negative (segment with no deletions is reported to have them) and
the size of the segments is doubled, causing MergePolicy to behave wrong (depending on settings).

In any case: Many thanks to Robert for making the release - if we must respin, depends on
you!

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler