lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Solr 4.0 released.
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2012 14:10:02 GMT
This is an issue with the Apache's Web Server configuration. It sends HTTP headers to prevent
request count and load on servers). Shortly after the announce of the Lucene/Solr release
this morning the servers went down again, so there is overload problems.

I can try to "revert" the Apache's own Webserver defaults for Lucene by adding the "real default"
AddHeader settings to .htaccess on Lucene's web page. This would also prevent the always wrong
redirect on the download button. I have to try this out, because I am not sure if the header/cache
modules are allowed to be used on ASF's main web server from htaccess.

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen